Melissa Woods
Melissa Woods
  • Saint Joseph, MN

Cardboard Ship Wheel & Fake Portholes

I am excited to share with you a few fun crafts I constructed for my dad’s 60th birthday this past weekend! We surprised my father by hosting a murder mystery dinner. The murder mystery game took place on an early twentieth century ship, and as the hostess, I thought I should add a few theme-related decorations to my house for the party. These party decorations included a cardboard ship wheel and fake
cardboard ship wheel fake portholes, crafts, wall decor
The first craft was creating fake portholes out of cardboard. I glued bottle caps on cardboard rings, spray painted, and made a window of wax paper.
These we hung up all over the house. I also draped thick rope along the stairs and windows as if we were on a ship.
The other fun cardboard craft I constructed was a fake ship wheel. It was huge--3.5 feet in diameter!
To see a complete step by step tutorial on how to make this, visit my blog post! It's a little too involved to explain it all on here, but from the pictures you can probably get the gist.
It was very inexpensive, I even used paint I got for free. Did you know you can source paint from your local recycling facility? Click to learn more about how to mix your own paint colors and get others leftover paint for free.
I think it turned out really cool!
My party guests thought it was a clever way to display a happy birthday sign.
I made a couple pin-friendly images for you to save this idea on your Pinterest boards.
Also check out other crafts I've done. If you enjoy making cool things out of cardboard, check out a mobile I made from toilet paper rolls!
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to share my ideas with you!
Melissa Woods

• Keemee

So clever!!

• Luiza

amazing.will try to do it for a cruise themed day in residential care centre where i work as an activity coordinator.We will do it with my residents