Mid-May in My Garden

The flowering shrubs have been exceptional this year. First it was the magnolia but now the lilacs and viburnum are putting on their show.
One section of the garden where the clematis, bleeding heart and forget me nots thrive.
Bleeding Heart is in it's glory right now.
This plant will die down after it blooms if it's in full sun. But since ours is in shade, it will stay green all summer
Although this plant is considered invasive, by thinning it after it's finished blooming I can keep the forget-me-nots in control.
Tiny forget-me-not flowers add an airy blue to the front of the border in May and June.
This unnamed viburnum is putting on quite a show right now.
Once the flowers die back, it's followed by little burgundy berries which the birds love in the winter.
We have mostly white lilacs in our garden. They are quite fragrant right now
This lovely little columbine is just beginning to bloom.
Heather (New House New Home)

• Nancy Hand

Wow very pretty! My columbine are dropping seed and dying back.

• Marianne

Lovely garden.

• @Marianne Thanks, Marianne. It seems like it will never look like this again with the horrible winter we've had this year. But I know Mother Nature will take over and all of a sudden it will be green again.