Seashell Outdoor Table!

I wanted a small table to go between the patio lounge chairs I upcycled. I had a 20" terra cotta pot that I painted yellow and a great idea! Here's what I did...

I already had a bag shells, but I purchased a bag of sand and a 24" glass top.

A terra cotta pot is very heavy. I wanted to be able to move it around without hurting myself...so I gathered pieces of Styrofoam and cardboard to fill the pot 2/3 up from top, this would keep the pot from being too heavy while still having it full.

I cut a circle from cardboard that fit pretty well on top. If you can fully seal off the top of the pot, you'll need less sand for this project.

Then I added the sand. I poured in enough so that it created a smooth, solid surface.

Then you just add your shells!

It is so beautiful....so easy to make...and is a wonderful memento of your happy times at the shore.

If you don't have any shells, you can purchase a bag for under $10 at Walmart. Check out more of my unique creations at: kelleysdiy.com thank you for looking

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Linda kelley

• Alison Ozgirl

Clever idea..Cute and creative..

Question?: Is the terracotta pot that colour naturally..?

I'm in Australia and never seen one that colour unless painted.

• Mamma

This is the very first thing she wrote; I wanted a small table to go between the patio lounge chairs I upcycled. I had a 20" terra cotta pot that I painted yellow and a great idea! Here's what I did...

• Elizabeth Garza Arroyo

I was thinking you were going to make a small table out of it. I love the idea and I'm thinking of putting a round of square glass on top of it to make a cute table out of it. What do you suggest I secure it with? Gorilla glue or something else? Thanks for this great idea.

• Judysue

How did you secure the glass top to pot. Could you glue or expoxy it. I love this idea Judy

• KLEvans

I think I’d buy a clear plastic round disk for this purpose.

when my grandkids are here they can play with the shells and sand.

• Nikki

Maybe plexiglass instead of glass if one is concerned about breakage around kids.

Love it, been wanting a cool idea for my patio and this is it. Plan to make one

• Pamela

I made it and it came out wonderful. Goodness, I never thought I would do anything like this but I did it however, I painted my pot which is heavy. I made a circle with the inside measurements out of cardboard. I had a damaged

12 inch mirror (just on the edge but I wouldn't have used it for anything else) and I glued it to the cardboard. Then I took jute rope and went around the mirror several times. (I hot glued it on top of the rope I had just circled. I did this about three times. I placed the sand, shells and sea glass on top of the mirror and it looks wonderful. I can now just lift the whole thing out and store the sand and seashells in a baggie for different seasons to decorate with the table. I purchased a 24 inch glass top table and it is heavy enough that I am not worried that it will tilt. ( I plan on placing halloween, small pumpkins, Christmas fairy lights, ornaments etc, into the tray for different seasons) I hope that makes sense. Thank you so much