Seashell Outdoor Table!

I wanted a small table to go between the patio lounge chairs I upcycled. I had a 20" terra cotta pot that I painted yellow and a great idea! Here's what I did...

I already had a bag shells, but I purchased a bag of sand and a 24" glass top.

A terra cotta pot is very heavy. I wanted to be able to move it around without hurting myself...so I gathered pieces of Styrofoam and cardboard to fill the pot 2/3 up from top, this would keep the pot from being too heavy while still having it full.

I cut a circle from cardboard that fit pretty well on top. If you can fully seal off the top of the pot, you'll need less sand for this project.

Then I added the sand. I poured in enough so that it created a smooth, solid surface.

Then you just add your shells!

It is so beautiful....so easy to make...and is a wonderful memento of your happy times at the shore.

If you don't have any shells, you can purchase a bag for under $10 at Walmart. Check out more of my unique creations at: kelleysdiy.com thank you for looking

Kelleysdiy

• Alison Ozgirl

Clever idea..Cute and creative..

Question?: Is the terracotta pot that colour naturally..?

I'm in Australia and never seen one that colour unless painted.

• Elizabeth Garza Arroyo

I was thinking you were going to make a small table out of it. I love the idea and I'm thinking of putting a round of square glass on top of it to make a cute table out of it. What do you suggest I secure it with? Gorilla glue or something else? Thanks for this great idea.

• Ellis

You might try a bead of clear silicone caulk, or perhaps a series of dollops, around the pot rim, if you don't want the glass to move.

• Judysue

How did you secure the glass top to pot. Could you glue or expoxy it. I love this idea Judy

• Lynn Sorrell

Museum wax........if you have little kids or pets it will need secured somehow otherwise need to use tempered glass (commonly used for shelving and table tops shatter resistant very expensive)