Patty Fyke
Patty Fyke
  • Hudson, FL

How to build a walk in chicken coop

Bar1738694Doris HLisalynn
+1

Wanting to build a large chicken coop
Can anyone help me out with some ideas
  • Sia@South 47th

I bing'd & found this info for you. Hope it helps & post of pic when your coop is completed! xo http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/292574/a-few-walk-in-coop-plans-ideas-if-you-can-useem

• Lisalynn

Great ! love seeing others wanting Ckens too :-) I would agree , backyardchickens is a great blog. Also the book, A Guide to Raising Chickens.. great resourse to have on hand. a couple things. Ckens do NOT sleep in boxes UNless it is the Highest perch in the room :-0 Boxes r 4 laying & nesting. Take into account ( I'm in IA) colder climates have different needs. also , ckens actually handle the cold better then Heat.. Make sure your coop has windows that function & alllow air to circulate. we used Old storm windows , putting them in UPside down & Opening to the outside :-) that way we could open them & or shut them depending on need. Inside we covered the window opening with cken wire to keep preditors out. hope that gives you some ideas ..

• Doris H

Love to hear a Bantam Rooster crow in the mornings.

• Bar1738694

My husband had always had chickens and we got plans from Murry McMurry poultry. you can google them. satisfaction guarantee