Sam Schaefer
Sam Schaefer
  • Harmony, PA

Terra Cotta Wind Chime

$5.00

An easy to make garden decoration, just in time for Memorial Day! Full instructions can be found at:
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, This is an easy to make yard decoration that sparkles in the sunlight
This is an easy to make yard decoration that sparkles in the sunlight
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, These are the Plastic Mirror Stars found at Michaels that inspired the project
These are the Plastic Mirror Stars, found at Michaels, that inspired the project
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, 3 different sized Terracotta pots
3 different sized Terracotta pots
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, Base coat the pots inside out with white acrylic paint to ensure that the paint color used is true
Base coat the pots, inside & out, with white acrylic paint to ensure that the paint color used is true
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, 2 coats of paint inside out on each pot
2 coats of paint, inside & out, on each pot
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, Spray with 2 light coats of Krylon clear coat so that the chime can be used outdoors
Spray with 2 light coats of Krylon clear coat so that the 'chime' can be used outdoors.
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, Using Kwik Seal Clear Caulk to glue on rhinestone stars makes them hold up to summer showers
Using Kwik Seal Clear Caulk to 'glue' on rhinestone stars makes them hold up to summer showers
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, Use nylon cord tri beads wooden beads to space the 3 pots
Use nylon cord, tri-beads, & wooden beads to space the 3 pots
terra cotta wind chime, crafts, Tie the cord to an S hook to hang outside
Tie the cord to an 'S' hook to hang outside
Sam Schaefer

• LeAnn

I've been making these for years. You're right Sam, they are fun and easy! I have a smaller one hanging from my kitchen curtain rod. They certainly let the creativity flow. The possibilities are endless.Thank you for sharing this!

• Artemis

I've been planning to make these but hadn't thought of using tri-beads. Thanks for the idea and I like the patriotic theme.