Faux Stained Glass Project

I have an odd size transom window in my guest bedroom. It posed some challenges with what to do for a window treatment. I love the light that it brings into the room. I wanted to do something interesting as an accent in keeping with the Victorian theme of the room to match the stained glass lamp. Here are the supplies I used. I purchased four sets of rosettes for $9.95 each at Home Depot. I purchased a package or faux lead dividers at Michaels for $6.95 (could easily do many more projects like this one with leftover material). Here are the photos of my faux stained glass project that cost a fraction of the price of true stained glass. This project cost me a total of $47.00 while a true stained glass piece for this area would have easily cost me $1,000.00!
Here is the final project. I did this in the evening as the sun was setting so it may be a bit hard to see the detail. I will add better photos when I have better lighting.
I measured the window to put the first divider in the center of the window. I then removed the rosettes (which are stickies that cling to the glass) and placed them in the center of the spaces.
I then began to measure, cut and add other dividers to create an interesting design.

Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas

• Joh5092789

Where can you purchase designs like the ones you used for the stained glass window treatment
    ? Thanks.
  • Dedi Davis

where can I find your product list?

• HazeKomp

thanks for the photos. makes locating them easier for me.

• Dsouther

I love it! I want to do this to some of my windows but I know where at Home Depot to find the rosettes. I can't find them on their website. They have rolls of window film. Any idea where to find this?

• Ene19230

My suggestion would be to go into your local Home Depot and ask one of the clerks where the faux stained glass window treatment is. We have several stores near us and each store has them displayed in different areas. I had to ask where they are in each store.

Best wishes on creating the window of your dreams!

• Ene19230

That sounds very interesting. Can't wait to see your photos!

• Noreen Schaan

OMG! This is exactly the kind of window treatment I need for a my kitchen window over my sink. We live in our RV fulltime and this would be the perfect way to get a bit more privacy than the small sheer drape I have on it now.

I also think that this may be THE BEST DIY project I've seen on Hometalk yet. At least all the ones I've seen so far.I love it so much and it's a fairly easy way to inexpensively add some privacy and good looks to make my kitchen look better. Thank you very much for sharing this awesome idea. Have a great day today and keep on DIY'ing 😉😊👍❤