Boots R
Boots R
  • Oakland, CA
Asked on Mar 17, 2012

Let's discuss a brand-new Kenmore electric range w/the controls on top...which "fell away." Anybody else have this?

3po3Boots R
+2

• 3po3

Do you mean the controls fell off the unit? Is it under warranty?

• Boots R

It is, I now realize, a very poor design. In order to access it, one has to pull the stove out, and remove the back panel. This was done, but now the oven doesn't turn on---which it did, while "hanging." I am going to check the warranty; I bought it in Nov '11, put it into service Jan '12. I don't think that it was "mishandled" by the tenants.

• 3po3

Seems like it should be under warranty. I would contact Kenmore customer service.

• Boots R

Well, I THINK that it has been resolved...Sears is sending out new controls and a repairman. Guess that it was under manufacturer's warranty. Thank you, Steve G...Never thought of that. Hallelujah! Don't think that I deserve a Silver Badge, 'cause I don't know nothin'...That's why I plug into Hometalk...Yeah for Hometalk...

• 3po3

Hear hear. Hometalk is great. I have all kinds of cool badges and stuff that I don't deserve, but it's nice to get prizes (even virtual ones). Glad to hear this got resolved, and that somebody actually resolved a warranty issue without headaches and hassles.