SawHorse.net
SawHorse.net
  • Atlanta, GA
Asked on Mar 17, 2012

Can you share with us some innovative bookcase and exposed storage shelving in you homes/ office?

Lori3po3SawHorse.net
+6

We are designing a new conference room and want to have some of our selections and books stored along the walls. We have access to many materials and would like to draw inspiration from hometalk users as to how far can take our design. I personally like the idea of a continuous line for a shelf system and would like to see others as well before we build out the space.
An example of what we are considering- found this at- http://blog.styleestate.com/
  • 3po3

A friend lives in Geneva in a tiny studio apartment. She has used a very well stocked bookcase that looks kind of like this one to separate her "living room" (which is also the kitchen, entry, laundry, dining room, etc.,) and her "bedroom" (which is basically the width of her bed). Kind of ingenious use of space. I will try to convince her to post a photo if you are interested.

• Becky H

We have too many books, and one day I decided to cut a hole in the wall, between two studs and build a bookcase for some of our paper backs. Great use of dead space............a bookcase that takes up no floor space.

q can you share with us some innovative bookcase and exposed storage shelving in you, home decor, painted furniture, shelving ideas, storage ideas, Hole in the wall
  • SawHorse.net

Great idea Becky. Excellent way to take advantage of "dead" space.

• SawHorse.net

@Steve- I think the hometalk community would love to see that picture if it is convenient. I love have function elements help define a space.

• SawHorse.net

Here is what we ultimately ended up doing for shelving.

• Jeanette S

@SawHorse.net I don't see any photo or link, and would love to see what you did; I really like the one you posted as an example

• 3po3

Sawhorse, I'm sorry I didn't notice your reply until now. It turns out my friend has moved, and she said she doesn't have any pictures that show the shelves in her old apartment.

• Lori

I am looking for a bookcase/shelf unit for famiy room. I had seen one that goes over a door and down both sides of door, now I cant find the design. can anybody help me with this?