Melissa G
Melissa G
  • Atlanta, GA
Asked on Mar 17, 2012

What to do with fill dirt?

Susan STerri JAddygirl
+6

I've dug up lots of Georgia red clay as I amend the soil around our garden. I have about six trash bags full of it. What do people do with this sort of thing? I don't imagine I can put it with the yard clippings, and I don't have a place in our yard that needs filling.
  • 3po3

Somebody wants it. List it here: http://www.freedirt.com/ Or put it on Criagslist.com

• Donna McCrummen

List it free on CL

• Designs by BSB

Where in atl? Large black trash bags? Wondering how one might move it? We are in need...

• Melissa G

I'm in Buckhead. Half the bags are black garbage bags and the other half are bags that used to contain potting soil or planting mix. I actually have about 12 bags all half full -- neither I nor the bags are strong enough for a full bag! It would be easy to put in the back of a jeep or car trunk, I guess. You're welcome to it, BeckySue...

• Melissa G

And that's a great link, Steve -- thanks for that. Will probably be using it a lot.

• Designs by BSB

I have holes to full at one I our properties.. Mag your address and my husband can come by this week with his truck. He can do all the lifting ;)

• Addygirl

I like making cob, like an outdoor cob oven for baking

• Terri J

Melissa, I would be glad to take it off your hands, if you would deliver it to York, PA (lol). I could use it to spread over my sand pit!

• Susan S

Potters love it! Find a business or someone who makes pottery fairly close by.