Asked on Mar 18, 2012

I have a hutch cabinet 12x12 attach to the corner of the wall. The door opens to the left and it rubs against the wall.

Kris BJohnny JDesigns by BSB


The 2 bottom drawers also rubs slightly against the wall. The only studs that I fasten the cabinets to is the corner studs. Can I use fillers against the wall? and how do I reconnect the cabinet to the wall with the fillers. Do I use longer screws? My other idea is to change the door opening to the right, but the drawers are still rubbing against the wall.
4 answers
  • 3po3
    on Mar 18, 2012

    So maybe I'm missing something, but why can't you add fillers and just attach the cabinet to the fillers with regular screws?

  • Designs by BSB
    on Mar 18, 2012

    Sounds like you mean shims behind the cabinet to pull it from the wall slightly? If so.. Good idea! Attach them to the back side of the cabinet first, and use longer screws. Or attach the shim to the wall and you don't need longer ones.

  • Johnny J
    on Mar 21, 2012

    Its has been fixed. Thank you

  • Kris B
    on Apr 29, 2012

    you can use a plastic corner guard.

Your comment...