Karen Kelly-Philbrick
Karen Kelly-Philbrick
  • Belgrade, ME

I need a reliable outdoor glue for my projects-any ideas

Lynn BentleyKaren Kelly-PhilbrickTerri J
+6

I have tried e6000, and hot glue as directions say but once outside for one rainy/cold/hot day and it a done deal. please help
  • Carolyn McAfee

Have you tried Gorilla Glue?

• KMS Woodworks

What would be helpful to know is what you are trying to glue. I have wood projects that have been exposed to the elements for years. My choice here is titebond III (the stuff in the green package) I have also used poly urethane based construction adhesive, epoxies etc. Matching the adhesive with the product is the first step.

• Karen Kelly-Philbrick

glass, ceramics, wood, plastic rocks, etc- FOR Faerie houses bird bathes etc

• Sia@South 47th

You have many different materials that a "One Glue fits all" may not be suitable. Here's what I use for gluing glass to glass, for outdoor use: Outdoor Silicone. For ceramics (small projects such as yours) 3M Ceramic Adhesive Outdoor Gel. For Plastic etc Loctite is easy to work with, plus it comes in many fabrications, or Rhino Glue. Both are inexpensive, easy and for the projects you're creating just might be the trick. Hope that helps! xo

• Sam Schaefer

I always use Kwik Seal Clear Caulk. Holds up to weather, can be painted, and since it's silicone, it will give with the weather changes. Good luck!

• KMS Woodworks

Karen Kelly---my partner is the house resident fairie. expert. We just finished up a large project for one of her clients. http://torisaur.blogspot.com/ we call is the tree trunk house She also has a following on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Torisaurs-Buzz/154237526293 All of her projects so far have been indoor creations, we buy hot melt glue sticks by the case.

• Terri J

I found Gorillia Glue (sorry about spelling) works on my wood, ceramics, plastic, rubber the best

• Karen Kelly-Philbrick

thank you all for your help...

• Lynn Bentley

I use automotive contact adhesive for the simple reason the car is in all kinds of elements .