Donna McCrummen
Donna McCrummen
  • Bernardsville, NJ
Asked on Mar 18, 2012

Here we go....our oil furnace has been giving us a lot of trouble. We have a maintenance contract with Region Oil

Donna McCrummenLandlightSPat S
+3

Shabby....I think the best bet is to move South.......Ya'll
  • KMS Woodworks

Round thingy...flappy thingy...These "technical" terms are a bit hard to get our brains around. I believe the tax credit "thingy" is calculated when you you do your taxes next year...when you "buy" and have installed, a qualifying system you can claim a percentage of that next year. Most of these are "credits" as opposed to a "rebate" . Most require that these be done by a HVAC professional to qualify. Some "feeler" calls to some HVAC contractors in your area should get you on the right track. Is your site suited for possible solar hydronic?

• Susan S

Shabby - that was just TOO FUNNY! I couldn't get past "thingy part" and "flappy round thingy" I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes! The scary part was that I understood what you were saying completely!! KMS - The trouble w/people like Shabby and myself is that we're the creative types - or right brainers as they say. You on the other hand are one of the "TECHNICAL" types who know what the heck you're actually doing -that makes you a left brainer. THAT'S why I had such a hard time trying to 'splain the problem w/my sliding door AND the leaky faucet. We know Jill but we don't know Jack!!

• Pat S

sounds like your thingy had a puff back which in my experience meant it needed to be cleaned. becareful because I had a puff back so bad I had to have a professional company clean the house! Besides an HVAC maybe the gov site for IRS or housing... I understood I think.

• LandlightS

• Donna McCrummen

I would love to move south LandlightS but have a girl in HS it will be 3 more years before any move at all -

• Donna McCrummen

In our house thingies are called ding booms - I asked Maddie (5 at the time) "please hand me that ding boom", She said "Nana, there's a lot of ding booms in this house". Cracked me up.