Roni
Roni
  • Mastic Beach, NY

Giving Old Washboards a New Purpose

My husband and I bought a bunch of old washboards. I knew we could repurpose them in some way.
giving old washboards a new purpose, diy, gardening, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, pallet, repurposing upcycling
Here are 2 of them that happened to be the same size even though they are different. My thought was to make them into a table. So my handsome hubby started putting them together with boards from an old pallet. Can never have too many pallets!!! :)
Well somehow it went from being just a regular cute little table into something totally different. Funny how that works sometimes but once the creative juices start flowing you just never know what things can turn into! lol Anyway, I changed my mind and wanted a potting table instead. So here it is well on it's way! Hubby made a new top and started building the back up. Luckily we always have scrap wood around. The slats on the back are slices of wood he cut off of a board from another project, they're perfect!
Here it is complete. Some of it I painted white and some I stained and the washboards I added a little stain to just to freshen them up a bit. I wanted to pretty much leave them as is because they were the point of this whole project! I wanted them to stand out which is why I painted the new wood around it white. I added some S hooks on the slats to hang gardening tools from. I also had to make a sign for it..."The Potting Shed"...our version of one anyway! :)
Here's one washboard...
and here's the other one.
Come visit us on Facebook to see other repurposing projects we've done!

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/RonisRescuedRelics/