Kitchen Backsplash Makeover

Do you guys know what makes me incredibly happy? My new kitchen backsplash! It is light, airy and just so beautiful. I grin every single time I walk by!
kitchen backsplash makeover, diy, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling
We went with a combination of mostly Carrera marble in an arabesque pattern with a little twist on traditional subway tile laying it in a herringbone pattern behind the stove.
The above picture is phase one and phase two of my lovely backsplash. About a year ago I decided that I could not handle my brown, outdated tile for even one more day in my kitchen, so I painted it. You painting ladies know what I am talking about. When the urge hits you, you paint. The end.
We knew the painted tile was a temporary fix and that we would eventually switch it out, but it made me feel 10 pounds lighter and a decade younger for a little while. I was so happy to shop for some new tile! You can find all of the details about what we chose in the post!
Once we had our gorgeous tile picked out, we decided on a herringbone pattern. The excitement was building!
I decided that I really wanted a pot filler installed and I let the pros take care of that. Call a plumber, it will save you lots of headaches. So after the plumbing was done, the pretty purple backboard went in. Ava wanted to leave our kitchen with the purple. She loved that. Ha. The tile focal area was installed and see that hole right in the middle???? Yep, had to be drilled in for my pot filler. Again, let the professionals do that.
And here is how that area turned out. Isn't that pot filler gorgeous??????????????? You can order one just like it at my affiliate link here. Thank you Kohler for making such a beautiful product!!!
I love it... it is truly beautiful. Come on over to the post to see some really great offers on tile!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 12, 2018 2:43 AM - More info
Jennifer Allwood

• Valerie

Very cleaver ideas. I want to install backsplash but my base cabinets are cut on a 45 degree angle. They extend beyond my upper cabinets. Any suggestions on what sort of backsplash I could do?

• I've done many backsplashes...post a picture or two on here of your cabinets and where your 45 degree angle is. The help abounds.....

• Laurel Galvan

Curious on how much the plumber charge for putting it a tap for the pot filler faucet? I want one sooo bad!

• @ Mary....YOU are my kind of girl! Very few things my husband and I cannot do ourselves with the help of YouTube! We've done it all. Love your candor.

• Bev

I've noticed your kitchen had a dark back splash at one time and a white tile back splash (same kitchen)..... what was your reason for changing to a different white tile... that a LOT of work? I really like your choice, I'm just curious.

• Bev

Thanks... I've got to quit looking at the pictures only!

• Pat hayes
    4 hours ago

Beautiful! you can't ever go wrong with carrera marble, it doesn't get more classic than that !!

• Debra McMenamin
    An hour ago

That’s a beautiful transformation and looks easy to clean. Love it!