Casey koogler
Casey koogler
  • Kingman, AZ

How to troubleshoot rainbird sprinkler systems?

Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com360 Sod (Donna Dixson)Casey koogler
+1

After 5 years my system is not working correctly. Two of three zones run nonstop when turned on in the ground, even with the controller turned off and unplugged.
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

sounds like the valves are stuck. do you know how to find your valves?

• Casey koogler

I need a clarification about a response Yes, I openned the box in the ground. I've seen sloppy, dirty work before but never by a professional who was sober. I had another pro look at the system and was told to clean the valves and possibly replace.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

So your problem is solved then?

• It is not uncommon to find the control box filled with soils and junk. After all they are buried in the ground. In some areas watch for snakes. They love the small house like environment that the valve boxes construct. I would have no idea on how to clean valves, unless they can be taken apart. But with all that effort I would simply replace the valves with new ones. They should be connected using fittings that can be taken apart, if not you will need to cut the plastic and then repair the pipes in order to connect the new valves. Lastly it is not uncommon for older systems to begin to fail. Parts wear out and being incorrectly winterized can cause all sorts of issues.