Christi Joyce
Christi Joyce
  • Bellingham, WA

From Workroom Storage to Center of Attention

I was told this was a waterfall vanity--but it's missing the mirror. To be honest, I really didn't like it, but I thought I might use it for storage in my work room. Plus, the price was reasonable.
After, after photo.  Hubby keeps walking by and shaking his head.  (!)
After, after photo. Hubby keeps walking by and shaking his head. (!)
A vanity without a mirror =(
A vanity without a mirror =(
Not only is the mirror missing, it's pretty beat-up.   I knew paint would be my best friend here.
Not only is the mirror missing, it's pretty beat-up. I knew paint would be my best friend here.
I glued and clamped the veneer in several places; removed it in others that were too damaged to re-glue.
I just wasn't happy with the 3 coats of clear satin polyurethane--pic on R--so I gave it 1  coat of clear gloss.  Wow.  Just.........Wow.
I just wasn't happy with the 3 coats of clear satin polyurethane--pic on R--so I gave it 1 coat of clear gloss. Wow. Just.........Wow.
Ta-Da!  Black gloss paint hides all the damage to the body, and clear gloss on the bird's eye maple really makes it pop!
Ta-Da! Black gloss paint hides all the damage to the body, and clear gloss on the bird's eye maple really makes it pop!

• Elaine McNish

I have a darling desk that my mom had as a kid. It is maple and I love the drawer and hated to cover it. It looks like 4 blocks and each of the grains run in different directions. You just showed me that I may not have to....I like the dual color affect. You go girl!

• Ebbytwin2572

Love this and what a way to bring back a piece of furniture ! Black is always classic!