What is the name of this shrub and why is it dying?

I have a shrub that seems to be on its last leg. Not sure why it is dying but it is looking really bad. This is in my front yard, behind some azaleas, next to the front stoop. I've never seen it bloom. It gets a fair amount of morning light - I'd guess about 6 hours, but there are a few huge oak trees that shade much of my front yard in the summer. Anyone know what it is and if I can do anything to save it? I haven't noticed any bugs but it has had holes in the leaves for the last year. It seemed to bounce back last fall, but over the winter, it just started dying.
It's the taller one behind the azalea
Over half of it is dead
:-(
Here is a close up. Maybe you can see some of the holes in some of the leaves. But, like I said, it seemed to be coming back.
Another close up.

• Judy

This looks like my Oleanders..... They do not require as much water as other outdoor plants. Mine came from Az and Mexico...in the fall they will drop fuzzy looking buds. Plant these and you will have new one next year. I keep mine in my office during winter and they make it fine and never really go competely dorment. Put back out after frost.

• Veronica tucker

looks like laurel and the holes are ginshot disease-spray with fungicide,cut off dead areas and lightly fertilize in Spring.