What is the name of this shrub and why is it dying?

I have a shrub that seems to be on its last leg. Not sure why it is dying but it is looking really bad. This is in my front yard, behind some azaleas, next to the front stoop. I've never seen it bloom. It gets a fair amount of morning light - I'd guess about 6 hours, but there are a few huge oak trees that shade much of my front yard in the summer. Anyone know what it is and if I can do anything to save it? I haven't noticed any bugs but it has had holes in the leaves for the last year. It seemed to bounce back last fall, but over the winter, it just started dying.
what is the name of this shrub and why is it dying, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, It s the taller one behind the azalea
It's the taller one behind the azalea
what is the name of this shrub and why is it dying, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Over half of it is dead
Over half of it is dead
what is the name of this shrub and why is it dying, flowers, gardening, outdoor living
:-(
what is the name of this shrub and why is it dying, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Here is a close up Maybe you can see some of the holes in some of the leaves But like I said it seemed to be coming back
Here is a close up. Maybe you can see some of the holes in some of the leaves. But, like I said, it seemed to be coming back.
what is the name of this shrub and why is it dying, flowers, gardening, outdoor living, Another close up
Another close up.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 20 comments
Next