Asked on Mar 20, 2012

I have an antique sink I want to put in my bathroom. (wall mounted) Any low income ideas for vanity cabinets?

Ltt834476Susan BechampHamtil Construction LLC
+15

• Burco Surface & Decor LLC.

do you have a sink or are you looking for a sink? im confused?

• Rachel Z

oops...I meant vanity cabinets....

• Debi E

Does it have a pedastal? If not how about an old dresser cut out and place the sink in there

• Just Fine Tables

Yes. See if you can find an old Sewing Machine Base (that's with a wood top) and use it. It is OK to make flush with your wall.

• Vince M

why dont you just build a cabinet, one sheet of 3/4 ply and a box of screws maybey $40, or home depot normanly has cheap vanity cabinets

• Jane L

A couple of things, you can go to second hand stores/antique and look for an old buffet or credenza, that's what I did. I ended up paying $180.00 for one, cut out a hole in the top and dropped a sink. You can also go on Ana-white.com and she has FREE plans for all types of furniture, you can make it look anyway you want. I'm assuming you just want to drop a sink?

• Rachel Z

Oh wow...thanks for all the replies!

• Terri J

Other places you can look are something along the lines of Just Cabinets, premade, you have to assemble, Craigs List or "freecycle", a Resource" Shippenville (have one in York, PA). I have a double vanity in my basement left over from building house. You get it for $75.00 and it's made by Aristocraft.

• Burco Surface & Decor LLC.

Get an old tin bucket, cut out a drain hole, under mount it & call it a rustic look!

• Almost any small antique table of even an actual vanity with a mirror, from a bedroom set. The sink will no longer have to be mounted to the wall.

• Carol M

We used a salvaged wall mount sink in our bathroom renovation. I had my heart set on an in-wall medicine cabinet to go above it and found one at a salvage store in a nearby town.

q i have an antique sink i want to put in my bathroom wall mounted any low income, bathroom ideas, home decor, kitchen cabinets
  • Nancy L

Build one out a a pallet!

• E. H

Just bought a buffet table from an antique store today for that same idea! I am freaking out about cutting into this beautiful thing, any tips?? Never done this before. How much space underneath did you loose?

• Patricia Mayne

Check out the Habitat for Humanity Restore store in Atlanta - they usually have a good selection of new, slightly damaged and salvaged from renovated homes. We've had good luck finding pieces there for our home. http://www.atlantahabitat.org/restore

• Kelly S

I wanted the look of an old dresser, but coudn't find one that fit so I bought a new vanity/sink from Home Decorators with the furniture look. Write down your measurements before you go antique/reuse shopping. A demilune table might also work.

• Hamtil Construction LLC

Check around for building material salvage places in your area, including Habitat for Humanity ReStore, and second hand stores. You might find a cool old piece that can be modified for cheap.

• Susan Bechamp

Check out yard sales and tag sale, flea markets and second hand stores. Be creative about what works. A second hand work bench could be reborn as a vanity with a fresh coat of paint and a new counter top. (Remnants from builders leftovers). Mount a peg board above the work bench with a mirror over the sink and tool caddies to hold toiletries above the drawers. Want something smaller? Think sewing machine cabinet.

• Ltt834476

I found a larger/ taller end table on clearance and added a vessel sink to the top. Came out beautiful.