Asked on Mar 21, 2012

cat piss

NoraMaria CAngie G
+7

Does any one knows how to get rid of cat piss smell ?????
  • 3po3

What surfaces are you talking about? Upholstery, wood, concrete ??? Whatever it is, this thread might have some helpful information for you: http://www.hometalk.com/27179/can-someone-tell-me-how-to-get-the-cat-urine-smell-out-of-concrete-we-pulled-the-old

• Ella Jo

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior.

Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out: http://nomorecatpee19.petsandportraits.co.uk

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing this. Have a wonderful day!

• Maria C

thank you Steve ... we are getting ready putting stuff together because we are going to go camping pretty soon, and i realize the smell, i guess the neighbors cats find the way to get in my storage and go pee in the base of the air mattress i cleaned all ready but still smell .. thanks for the link..

• Donna McCrummen

Get a dog to chase the cat away? LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. I have no idea. I'm a dog person.

• 3po3

Bummer. That's a lousy way to start the camping season. But it should be easier to clean an air mattress than a lot of other surfaces. Have you tried wiping it down with vinegar?

• Clay B

Urine Gone available at Target in pet department. The kit version comes with black light so you can find the exact spot in the dark.

• MJ

50/50 white vinegar/water is another alternative that has worked for me. Good luck, nothing worse that cat urine. I know too well.

• Angie G

If it has leeched into any of your concrete, such as in a basement or garage, you will need to contact a professional. Good luck!

• Maria C

thank you guys for all your help, tried the vinegar solution and its been working good so far..

• Nora

Urine becomes crystal when dried. In order to remove urine you have to remove the crystal. Use a black light to see where urine is; you will see the crystals. Ordinary cleansers will not break the crystal down.you need a product such as 'Urinoff'............you can't just clean peeeeeee........you have to remove the crystals.