Maria C
Maria C
  • Las Vegas, NV
Asked on Mar 21, 2012

cat piss

NoraMaria CAngie G
+6

Does any one knows how to get rid of cat piss smell ?????
  • 3po3

What surfaces are you talking about? Upholstery, wood, concrete ??? Whatever it is, this thread might have some helpful information for you: http://www.hometalk.com/27179/can-someone-tell-me-how-to-get-the-cat-urine-smell-out-of-concrete-we-pulled-the-old

• Maria C

thank you Steve ... we are getting ready putting stuff together because we are going to go camping pretty soon, and i realize the smell, i guess the neighbors cats find the way to get in my storage and go pee in the base of the air mattress i cleaned all ready but still smell .. thanks for the link..

• Donna McCrummen

Get a dog to chase the cat away? LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. I have no idea. I'm a dog person.

• 3po3

Bummer. That's a lousy way to start the camping season. But it should be easier to clean an air mattress than a lot of other surfaces. Have you tried wiping it down with vinegar?

• Clay B

Urine Gone available at Target in pet department. The kit version comes with black light so you can find the exact spot in the dark.

• MJ

50/50 white vinegar/water is another alternative that has worked for me. Good luck, nothing worse that cat urine. I know too well.

• Angie G

If it has leeched into any of your concrete, such as in a basement or garage, you will need to contact a professional. Good luck!

• Maria C

thank you guys for all your help, tried the vinegar solution and its been working good so far..

• Nora

Urine becomes crystal when dried. In order to remove urine you have to remove the crystal. Use a black light to see where urine is; you will see the crystals. Ordinary cleansers will not break the crystal down.you need a product such as 'Urinoff'............you can't just clean peeeeeee........you have to remove the crystals.