Theresa W
Theresa W
  • Harrietta, MI
Asked on Mar 21, 2012

Deodorant Stains

Debi53Theresa WJohnny J
+13

I can not get the deodorant out of my husband shirts. he wont change deodorant because he says it works GRRR!!!
  • KMS Woodworks

stains and "works" don't seem like a match to me. You could always have him "test" a new brand. I've been using old spice stick deodorant for years and years with out any problems ( and I prefer a "deodorant" over an "antiperspirant") As an added note the Mrs...does her laundry and I do mine. So if something is not right I only have my self to blame. For a true side by side comparison the Scientific method should be employed with an apples to apples type comparison. Starting with two identical new white shirts (Tagged 1 and 2) at the collar label for proper tracking have him try a new brand. You could even pick it out for him if he is being reluctant.

• Terri J

I found that oxy clean spray works really well on most stains. Then I put a littloe oxy powder in w/ my regular laundry detergent before washing the clothes. It may or may not help you...

• Theresa W

Yup I tried the Oxy. :( did not work Thank you for trying.

• Terri J

What abuu hair spray? That got the ink out of my shirt, and it doesn't hurt to try it.

• Designs by BSB

Try this homemade recipe: 1/2 teaspoon dish detergent (or castile soap), few drops of white vinegar and a 1/2 cup of water. Press into the stain with a rag, let set 30-60 minutes then wash.

• Theresa W

Thank you I will try both. I will send husband to store get the items. I cant just had Bladder surgery.

• Terri J

Hope you feel better soon Theresa!

• Theresa W

Thank you Terri

• Miriam I

I hope you feel better, Teresa. Let us know if this works!

• Cathy B

try cheap hairspray or new husband :)

• Dee W

I've used crushed aspirin mixed with just enough apple cider vinegar to make a watery paste. Set on the staiined area for an hour to overnightt-rinse while rubbing area before machine washing.

• Cathy, a new husband? That is just extreme. At least get sleeveless shirts to start before you go that drastic. Of course, there is always duct tape, a few strips under the arms and no stains to worry about.

• Theresa W

Great idea Kevin. i am about ready to stick max pads under his arm pits. LOL!!

• Johnny J

Donate old shirts to Goodwill and buy him a new set of shirts? Maybe wallMart its cheaper.

• Theresa W

Johnny they are his work shirts and they only give him 3 a year and he works sometimes 7 days a week. I have offered to buy more they sent him two more. They are maroon color so show a lot .

• Debi53

If the other great ideas you have been given don't work, try this. No guarantees, but my suggestion is: As soon as hubby pulls off his shirt, have him (or you if he can't be trained!) rub a liberal amount--don't skimp- of a solid stain stick on the area. These can be left for up to 7 days. Then, about 5-15 minutes before washing, spray the same area with an enzyme spray and work it in. Just look for a prewash spray that says 'with enzymes.' Enzymes help breakdown body soils, sweat, etc. When you discover what does work, let us all know!!