From an Old Desk to Gorgeous Night Stands

$15.00

I found this little desk at second hand store. I had been looking for some good solid night stands but now a days it just doesn't seem to exist unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. So when I saw this it hit me!!!
I put my husband to work at cutting and separating them
Here is where I stepped out of the house and saw a few markings in the back of the desk and I think my heart stopped for a few minutes.
Had no idea it was so old but what is done is done and it was time to give it new life.
Started out sanding and making all the necessary repairs... After the initial heart attack I started getting excited!!!
I used black latex paint for the sides and knobs and Unicorn Spit Stain & Gel for the top and drawers.
With Unicorn Spit Stain and Gel you get the benefit of a little color all the while you can still see the amazing wood grain.
All done and ready to be enjoyed for many many years to come!!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home

• Lila
    Lila

What color of Unicorn Spit did you use?

• Crafty1
    Crafty1

Did you add a "lip" to the top edge that was cut off?

• Sandra L Warren
      Sandra L Warren

I would have measured and left an equal overhang on the cut side and then rounded it off to match the original overhang. That or cut both sides flush to match. I love this idea because you can find old desks like this cheap at yard sales. Also they make the perfect night stand because they are narrow and the perfect height. Nice idea!

• Lenore
    Lenore

did you save the piece you had cut out and make into something

• Joanie
    Joanie

Excellent work and great idea!!

I have an ole' desk pretty similar and I use it for my Sewing machine table, with all drawers filled with sewing materials and supplies.

• Chula430
    Chula430

Love your nightstands! Great job!