Janet
Janet
  • Griffin, GA

How do you do the natural way of getting bugs off rose bushes?

JanetSia@South 47thKimberly Barney
+6

I have white bugs on my rose bushes and can NOT stand the smell or the chemicals of the spray. What is the natural ingredients to sprayon them?
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

do the bugs crawl or fly? Are they on the top or the bottoms of the leaves? You can use a joy dish soap solution, but it will only kill some stuff on contact, it won't leave a residue and keep killing.

• Janet

They are little white bugs on the booms and leaves ....

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

sounds like it might be white flies. You can try using a soft brush vacuum early in the morning while it is cool (when they are most inactive),if you don't want to use a chemical spray. Put the vacuum on a low setting if you can so as not to damage the leaves of your plants. One of those hand held car vacs might work.

• Janet

There was a natural way to get rid of them. It was Dawn, water and something else. I just can NOT remember what it was.... The blooms are not coming all the way out because of these bugs. They Are green then they turn white.

• Kimberly Barney

You may wish to plant mint around your rosebushes. I know it keeps aphids away.

• Janet

Awesome!!! Thanks I will try that !!! But how do I get rid of the aphids NOW?

• Sia@South 47th

OR? Buy a mess of Ladybugs. They'll be in Aphid heaven. ;)

• Janet

lol Cute :) Seriously I really need a natural spray I can spray the rose bush with. It is covered with aphids. Will plant the mint but need a spray solution also

• Janet

Still looking for the natural spray solution to getting rid of aphids