JustAWhimsicalWorld
JustAWhimsicalWorld
  • Lake Oswego, OR

DIY Living Wreath

I wanted a little something to dress up our garage door and provide a bit of inspiration.
I gathered a grapevine wreath and a few packs of tiny terra cotta pots and got to work securing them on the wreath.
A few plants from the garden center later, and I had a great bit of greenery to brighten up the garage near my chicken coop!
Full post and instructions are listed on my blog:
A combination of hot glue and twine worked to secure the pots.
diy living wreath, crafts, wreaths
diy living wreath, crafts, wreaths
diy living wreath, crafts, wreaths
English Ivy was the favorite plant added to our wreath
JustAWhimsicalWorld

• Shirley Swenson

I tried this wreath with succlents but could not plant in the pots that were upside down as the plants always fell out? and watering them was a pain. would like to know what plants you planted in them. also thought of ground cover plants??

• JustAWhimsicalWorld

Shirley- I bought my plants in the fall, and selection was very limited. There are two types of ivy- english, and some other kind. The pink thing is a pink splash polka dot plant. I bought three small containers- one of each type, and divided them up amongst the planters. You can see in the photos above that I also had to leave some of the upside down ones empty, but I added moss in between to green it up a bit. Watering WAS somewhat of a pain, until I began using the hose on shower setting to gently drip water onto them.