Tabletop Gardening and Spring in a Drawer

Do you have spring fever? I got a tabletop garden fix in the Potting Shed, repurposing and upcycling a drawer as a planter for spring!
tabletop gardening and spring in a drawer, container gardening, easter decorations, gardening, seasonal holiday decor
We’ve had a couple of beautiful weeks of March weather. More recently it’s been cold and blustery, but I’m ready for some garden time, flowers, eggs and bunnies, with Easter on its way!
I found a pair of chippy, white drawers at a local antique mall for $15. Shopping there is a little like March weather . . . you never know what you can expect or will come your way :)
I lined the drawer with plastic then added some pots of hyacinths and daffodils. I used some newsprint to fill in the space between the bulbs, then added a layer of sheet moss, to cover and camouflage the pots and paper. I soaked the sheet moss in water briefly to re-hydrate it, squeezing out the excess water and then pieced the moss together. Soaking the moss makes it look a little more “alive” and makes it easier to piece together.
On top of the sheet moss, I added some pieces of mood moss to fill in between the pots and then tucked in some eggs and added a moss bunny for Easter.
After I was finished planting the drawer, I decided the sides needed a little “planting” too.
I had a couple of 4-foot rolls of faux moss I found on clearance at Michaels that I originally picked up to “plant” along my window ledges. I used some spray adhesive to attach the pieces of moss to the sides of the drawer.
I can plant the bulbs in the garden after they finish blooming to enjoy next year. More photos and details at the link below!
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• Lyn

Utterly charming!

• Vanessa D.

Adorable! Forced bulbs are always welcome when it's still to early to get outside and garden.