Asked on Mar 22, 2012

Glass inserts for Kitchen Cabinet Doors

Designs by BSBMelinda LJean M


Where can I take my kitchen cabinet doors to put glass inserts/fronts? I want to keep the frame of the door, but have the middle cut out and replaced with glass. I live in Lawrenceville, GA ( Thanks in Advance for your reply.
7 answers
  • Becky H
    on Mar 22, 2012

    Any cabinet maker or finish carpenter can cut out the center and route the cut in preparation for glass inserts. Then, just take it to a glass company and pick out which type glass you wish inserted. They'll cut the glass and insert it for you.

  • Hi Melinda: We're a Marietta based design/build firm. We are currently doing a kitchen "facelift" in which we are leaving the cabinets except for changing several of the doors to have glass inserts! If you click on our profile you can scroll through our posts to see that kitchen in progress, and see the glass cabinet doors we're talking about! Please let us know if we can be of service in your project!

  • Most glass the Binswanger on lawrenceville highway will have tons of glass samples for you. AS Becky said, you can then find a local contractor to route out the door and install the glass. It's fairly simple to do once you've done it a few times and have the right tools. Adding glass is a great way to update a kitchen cost effectively

  • Jean M
    on Mar 24, 2012

    where in Valdosta, GA?....I would love to do that in my kitchen :)

  • Melinda L
    on Jul 25, 2012

    I did go to Binsanger who can only do the glass part, i'd need to find a cabinet place that can do both. I'll keep looking. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

  • Melinda L
    on Jul 25, 2012

    Any one ever tried cabinet fronts of ga? I wonder if they can do it and the cost of that service.

  • Designs by BSB
    on Jul 25, 2012

    Melinda - I live in Lawrenceville also and have resources to take care of that for you! Give me a call to discuss :) 404.456.8799

Your comment...