Carol W
Carol W
  • Pennsboro, WV

Bugs - CHIGGERS - What to do after you get them?

Yair SpolterSia@South 47th

I AM JUST GETTING TO MY FLOWER GARDEN AND LAST YEAR GOT A HEALTHY DOSE OF CHIGGERS. I DID FIND OUT THAT CLEAR NAIL POLISH DOES NOTHING. i KNOW TO COVER UP GOOD AND BATH RIGHT AFTER COMING IN. HOWEVER MY HUSBAND HAS THEM ALL OVER HIM AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO EXCEPT SCRATCH. HE DOESN'T LISTEN WELL, NOR TAKE SUGGESTIONS EASILY-WORTH A TRY. I AM SURE WE ALL HAVE THE PROBLEM FROM TIME TO TIME.
  • Sia@South 47th

Hopefully you stripped down in your garage before coming in and dropped everything in the very hottest of waters you have. You might want to try some Hydro-cortisone for the welting and redness. Green Tea Extract has been beneficial as well. Best practice is prevention though. Wishing you the best of luck!

• Yair Spolter

Hi Carol, It seems that the best thing is to keep clean and apply itch-relief creams or ointments until they go away. Here are some ideas from people who have had the same experience: http://www.medicinenet.com/chiggers_bites/patient-comments-918.htm