Front Yard Still in Progress...

I have been overmaking my little tiny patch of a front yard for many years! This last summer though I decided that was it! Tried of trying to remake a lawn and lets put down a new one!
So my younger brother and a helper came and went to work on this. Had to move and replace the ingrown sprinklers, (got a visit from the city months later that someone turned me in for doing sprinklers without a permit but she agreed no problem if REPLACING old to new in same quantity) My other brother helped with the final work of placing the pipes.
So here is when we first dug up the yard...but there was family medical emergency keeping up from being able to finish for about 2 months so this wonderful crab grass kept taking root! even in 100 degree heat with zero water! Guess I should have watered that!
We bought Sod from a local company (not shipped in) cut up and put down in one day! Moved brick from 2 sides of the driveway to a single side to make a nice pathway to the door,
Then last pictures are of what it looks like now...still not complete...I have some more perenials to behind the newly planted Petunias...
Dumb Crabgrass!
Brick work to the paver work by front door (someday a porch! I want a porch!)
shows the old lines from sprinklers
Marley always has to be in the middle of everything! She is the best friendlies kitty!
Green still from rainin March...flowerbed waiting for a little less rain...
Ok here is the sod this year, still working on the flowerbed
see my husband's hobby? The 2 red sports cars? hehe side view of the flower bed.

Tanya Peterson Felsheim

• Felica Tortorici

This looks really nice, we'll be doing something like this soon I hope.

• Barbara

What a beautiful transformation. We are constantly redoing our lawn and flower beds. Adding a little here and there. It's amazing how the perennials need to be thinned. Have fun with all your projects.