Potted Hanging Wind Chime

I wanted a wind chime for my outdoor space. I also wanted to use items on hand . Most of the time you can create a piece with many items around the home. Before you know it you have the makings of a 1 of a kind craft.
potted hanging wind chime, container gardening, crafts, gardening, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
It starts with this hanging basket, that at the time the chain was a little long. I choose to shorten it for my display.
Because I have a love for vintage keys and floral china,tying the two together was a must. Also added to this display is a terra -cotta pot.
To do my assembly the basket way lightly sprayed with spray paint to lighten the black appearance of the hanging basket.Dry. To place my pot onto my hanging basket, I lightly painted my pot. I found this great outdoor adhesive seal that was placed on the base of 1 of my floral plates and applied to the circle section of my basket.Dry.
On the base of the basket the same technique performed turning this plate underneath (appearing like this) flip side of the other one.
Next, to add my pot using outdoor adhesive securing pot to plate.Dry . Now to give my basket chime, I spray painted some of the keys with paint I had on hand tying my colors of floral together.
To attach my keys and charms, I took fishing line cut in different lengths and tied to my basket.
Metal charms and keys
This look is from underneath basket.
Top view of basket,Petunias added to pot to do double duty in the garden.
I love this look of nature along with the the soft zen sounds of the metal charms and keys in my garden.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 13, 2018 11:05 PM - More info
Ana illausky