Easy DIY Outdoor Light!

I'm doing a screen porch makeover at the moment and wanted to add a bit of light over the drop-leaf table. Using some grapevine balls and white lights with brown wires I put together an little porch chandy in no time!
I added a bit of fun to my screen porch with an easy outdoor porch light!
I used 2 large & 3 medium grapevine balls. Two strands of white lights (50 count) with brown wires make these little orbs glow-a birch branch holds the lights and burlap ribbon hold up the branch!
I threaded the lights into the balls and tied them in place with garden twine to make sure the glow was uniform...
It's easy to get the lights inside the grapevine by gently moving the tiny vines apart.
Balancing a birch branch between 2 chairs, I played around with the placement of the balls (which are attached with twine) until I liked the look...
I ran the cord up the twine and connected it to a white extension cord that I hid between one of the loops of burlap ribbon which holds the branch. (the other end of the burlap ribbon is attached to the ceiling w/ eye hooks)
The light makes such a nice glow and doesn't obstruct our view during the day!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
All Things Heart and Home

• Mary Hofstra

Can it be outside all the time? Can it withstand the elements? I live in MI so I'd take it in in the winter, but is it okay to leave it out in the rain and wind?

• Fan6291390

Although grapevine is a natural product, the wire can rust. Try spraying the grape vine with a water sealant before you light it.

• Debo

Absolutely beautiful! I love this! Well done!
  • Marja-Lisa Apunen

I wondered though how the white light got their electricity ? There would be wires showing connected to each ball .Unless a battery pack and that would show wouldn’t it ?
    • C

I see the wire going up to the birch branch I see the electrical plug from the light but I don’t see is an outlet to plug them into did she run them up to the ceiling then across and down a wall to an outlet?