DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner + 6 Bathroom Toilet Cleaning Tips

$5

Make an all-natural toilet cleaner + 6 places you're NOT cleaning at your bathroom toilet! Time to step up spring cleaning!
When was the last time you cleaned the inside
So, do you know how often I open up the water tank of my toilet? Not often. But if you take a look at the depths....it's a breeding ground for hard water stains, mold, mildew and bacteria. Eww. So whenever I start my toilet cleaning endeavors, I start with the water tank to help keep my toilet bowl cleaner between uses. Pour 1 cup of vinegar into the tank. Allow to sit while you clean. Then flush 2-3 times to rinse out the tank. (You definitely do not want to leave vinegar in your tank for a long period of time. It will start eroding your metal components.)
This DIY Lemon Rosemary Toilet Cleaner WORKS!
Want to make your toilet sparkle and shine...naturally? This EASY DIY Lemon Rosemary Toilet Cleaner really works....I mean check out my before and after photo! Only 4 ingredients too, be sure to grab the link below to make your own natural toilet cleaner.
How to Disinfect Your Toilet Brush
How to Disinfect Your Toilet Brush
You use your toilet brush all the time to get the bowl. Bravo. But when was the last time that you cleaned the brush? Ahem - yeah. Me too. So while you're bowl may look sparkly clean, you're also spreading those germs from the last clean...and the clean before that...and the clean before that from your friend, Mr. Toilet Brush. Gross! While there may be debate here, I do recommend on soaking the whole brush in vinegar first, overnight. For a deeper clean, I would go ahead and soak in bleach too. And if you haven't changed out your brush in awhile (like once or twice a year), it may be time for that too.
diy natural toilet cleaner 6 bathroom toilet cleaning tips, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, how to
You've tackled the bowl, perhaps you even got the seat and under the seat. That's great. But imagine if you will the moment when you flush the toilet. There's particles of bacteria, water, and YUCK floating all over the bathroom. So making sure to clean the whole toilet, include every surface from bowl to base is super important.
And speaking of surfaces, do you know how many times your dirty hands touch the toilet paper holder? GROSS! Make sure to disinfect the entire toilet paper holder too...and maybe change out the roll while you're there.
Maybe it's because of my history as a pediatric nurse, but I'm pretty clean obsessed when it comes to any handles and knobs. And the toilet handle is one of the most touched areas of your bathroom. So even if I think that I got all of the bathroom toilet flusher handle area, I go ahead and clean that sucker again right before I leave. Because....yep, it's gross.
Hope you've taken to heart these 6 tips on really getting your bathroom toilet clean. For more tips including how to make this DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner, be sure to visit my blog Raising Whasians for more details!
Raising Whasians

• Christine

Encourage your ftand friends to wash their hands before and after going! And never take yicell phone when you go!

• Annie de Vona

Just wanted to say thanks for the post and to your question responders. I’ve been looking for ways to use Rosemary as I convert to making my own cleaning products.

I also didn't know there was such a thing as denatured alcohol - will have to research it.

As well thanks for the heads up on putchasing it at hatdware store. I already buy all my sponges and cleaning cloths at the Dollar General. Better selection and generally better products in that category. Definitely one of my Go-To places for lots of things!

Thanks all!