Lin R
Lin R
  • Spring Hill, TN
Asked on Mar 23, 2012

Planting Questions

Lin RDouglas HuntWalter Reeves
+1

I have a Double Kwanso-Perennial, Hardy Rosemary, and Lavendar Thyme I live in Smyrna, TN and am thinking I might need to wait until April. It has been in the 80s and 20 degrees hotter than usual this time of year. The Kwanso is not in a pot, so do I need to put in one until I plant it in the ground? As you can tell I do not have a green thumb?
  • Walter Reeves

I think they'd be MUCH happier in the ground rather than anywhere else!

• Lin R

So you think the chance for frost is pretty low Walter since Spring has sprung so soon?

The double Kwanso is a daylily? How are you storing it if is not in a pot? If you can work the ground, plant it. Rosemary will take temperatures in the mid-20s and so will thyme.

• Lin R

The farmer just left it in a big ball of dirt. It is going to be 46 tonight here, so will wait a little longer to put them in the ground. Thanks for all the replys. Also glad to know the Kwanso is a daylily.