My Ralph Lauren Courtyard

You don't need a lot of room to have a great outdoor living space. After eating in Ralph Lauren's courtyard restaurant in Paris last year, I decided it would be nice to recreate it in our own courtyard. You can see it here: http://the2seasons.com/2013/05/14/my-take-on-ralph-laurens-courtyard/
We removed an overgrown tree and created an intimate eating area.  The table needs to be near the kitchen to be more convenient for the cook.
We removed an overgrown tree and created an intimate eating area. The table needs to be near the kitchen to be more convenient for the cook.
We added ferns, roses, annuals, and vines that will grow and soften the look of the brick.  That makes the area seem more intimate and inviting.
We added ferns, roses, annuals, and vines that will grow and soften the look of the brick. That makes the area seem more intimate and inviting.
I bought a used standard green baker's rack, and spray painted it black.
It became an instant potting bench/bar/server and sits in an area beside the herb garden.
I also created an inviting conversation area in a shaded spot.
I plan to make some tweaks and additions next year so that it will look more like Ralph's, but I am already loving it now.
The 2 Seasons