Roberta Z
Roberta Z
  • Croghan, NY
Asked on Mar 24, 2012

Purchased large amt of used Corian, would appreciate comments regarding configuring to new kitchen.

TileShowroomPhoenix Stone SolutionsRoberta Z
+4

• 3po3

Roberta, I'm not sure what you are asking. Can you please add more detail?

• Roberta Z

The Corian will need to be cut, can't find anyone local who will do it unless I buy new stuff.

• Roberta Z

I think that cutting it is not difficult, heard it cuts like butter, but will appreciate pointers.

• 3po3

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I have never cut Corian, so I can't help you, but I'm sure others on here can.

• Roberta Z

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Phoenix Stone Solutions

It isn't difficult to cut, but since Corian is fabricated in a shop, the profiled or finished edges are maybe 1 1/2 " thick, while the middle of countertops are only maybe 1/2" thick...will your edges match the existing edges? You will have to refinish the edges after cutting somehow. Also, you will have to seam it together, once cut....your best bet may be to find someone who may do it on the side in your area. Maybe even try Craigslist, if that is done in your area?

• TileShowroom

Sorry Roberta, i don't know that much about Corians so i don't think i can help. Do well to share what you find out though.