Jeff N
Jeff N
  • Pullman, WA
Asked on Mar 24, 2012

I need to paint some interior rooms in an old barn. So far something is bleeding through the paint even KILZ.

KMS WoodworksJeff NPeace Painting Co., Inc.
+10

I am setting up a glass shop and need the room to be as bright as possible, so white is the only choice.
  • 3po3

What does it look like? What is the surface you are painting?

• Jeff N

Surface is plywood. it was never painted, so I think it absorbed stuff while barn was used in a pig raising operation.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Jeff, use BIN alcohol based primer, it will block any stains. Being outside, it's a good idea to wash it first. Paint products have a harder time working if the surface is dirty. Best, Charles

• Jeff N

the area I am painting are inside the structure. I had thought about using shellac, but opted for kilz. hopefully another coat will seal it. might as well try sins I have opened the can.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Under-stain-dable!

• Jeff N

was that ,"Painters humor"?

• KMS Woodworks

Hey peace...don't quit your day job...

• Miriam I

@Peace, LOL.

• Donna McCrummen

I'm with Peace. Bin Alcohol Primer......I've said it before....use a respirator.

• Jeff N

Need to find a supplier,, i suppose any true paint store would carry it.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Correcto, even the depots. It does not work as efficiently when it has to muscle through other paint coatings so you may need to apply a couple of coats but it will work.

• Jeff N

Using B.I.N. seems to have solved the problem. thanks.

• KMS Woodworks

Glad to hear it...post some pics of the Glass studio when you get it set up. I mounted a 18" square fluorescent on the wall behind my sweeties stained glass bench. It has a mall shelf in front to support pieces when working up a design.