DIY Pottery Barn Inspired Sandbox

I'm a huge fan of Pottery Barn, but not of the prices. The way I look at things is how can I make something similar, but save the money. I wanted a canopy covered sandbox for the kiddos and didn't want to splurge so I decided to make my own Pottery Barn look alike!
Start by making the base with (4) 2x10 green treated lumber cut down to 6 feet to make a box. Use wood screws to screw the corners together. Take (4) 1x2's, also green treated to make the posts and secure them to each corner. The height of our canopy is 6 feet to leave room for the parents to play!
Now to make the seats, use 2x6 green treated lumber with notches on the corners to fit around the posts and screw them straight into the base.
Building the frame for the canopy, you will need (4) 2 x 4's for the outside frame and (3) 2 x 4's to go across to hold the frame together and support the fabric. The frame screws onto the posts to create the top of the canopy. 1x2's were used diagonally from the posts to the canopy for extra support.
Add stain and a outdoor fabric pinned around the corners for easy cleaning and you're finished! Check out my blog for in depth instructions! Enjoy your new sandbox!!

Christina

• MKO

How do you keep the neighborhood cats out of it?

• Pamela Collier

Love this. How much did everything cost (materials) Rough estimate?

• Maria chawla

This is awesome, Msounds like I will be building or attempting to build a sand box this summer.

• Lainey Howell

Be sure to have a tight-fitting cover for the sandbox! It's way too tempting to cats.

• Nancy

Love Love this idea awsome sandbox👍