Rhonda walz
Rhonda walz
  • Mahnomen, MN

What to do with old glass door

DeeHidden Treasures Ranch BoutiqueSia@South 47th
+2

Have old glass door and want suggestions as what to do with it
  • Humphries Homes

I have used doors as outdoor/indoor coffee tables. Just check that the glass is secure and at least 3/16 to 1/4 thick to be strong enough to use. You can get precut legs with attachment hardware and screws in a complete package at most large Hardware stores.

• KMS Woodworks

I have seen some folks convert these into cold frames, for starting plants in the garden. If it is a wood framed door be sure to paint it well with an exterior rated paint...this will reduce the potential for rot due to higher humidity and exposure to water / soil.

• Sia@South 47th

I've painted the trim, then used a colored glass tint, then hung them on a window side ways. I've also put a Mirror finish on them and hung them on the wall. MANY possibilities!! xo

• What does it look like? You can etch a design in it and use it as a pantry door, etch your address numbers in it and set it out front of your home, have a decal made with a cool design on it to go with your decor, for the table idea even if its not a thick glass you can lay a thicker glass over the top and in between the two glass put photos or trinkets if there is enough space between them.

• Dee

DETAILS! We need details . . . is it a sliding door from a patio, french door, does it have a frame? Aluminum or wood? What are the dimensions? I have used glass patio doors for the front wall of a potting shed and have put a glass door on another shed (that is secure inside the yard) as it helps to have the light for a longer/narrower shed. I am currently looking for a glass door for my bathroom, to lighten up the look of a dark hallway, and plan to either paint a 'stained glass' type pattern, etch or put light curtains on the inside.