Tamara S
Tamara S
  • Toughkenamon, PA
Asked on Mar 29, 2012

Cement Patio

Tamara SIts Really Concrete, Inc.KMS Woodworks
+4

I need a contractor for a Cement Patio, what are the questions I should ask?
  • You're looking to have one created or is there one existing?

• Tamara S

One created, off the Greatroom in my new Condo.

• KMS Woodworks

concrete is pretty universal...but the techniques and skills of the installer can vary a bit . Most patio slabs will be in the 3 to 4" thick range and include some re-enforcing wire mesh. When you are getting quotes be sure to compare them as equals 3" versus 3" instead of 3" vs 4" . If you can get references and go inspect some previous work this will give you an idea of what "finish" quality you can expect to get.

• Tamara S

Thanks, very helpful!

• Its Really Concrete, Inc.

be aware that aci does not generally reccomend steel reinforcement in 4" conc slabs,,, also, to be effective, wire mesh MUST be placed at the slab's vertical mid-point [ +/- 5% ] - THAT'S .2 INCHES,,, in 40 yrs, i never saw that precision by anyone. fiber added to the conc generally helps fiber manufacturers get bigger boats - they are NOT a substitute for knowing & installing proper joints in a timely manner & fashion.

• Tamara S

Thanks, T

• Tamara S

Wanted everyone to know I called several Cement companies and found a wonderful family run company that did a wonderful job on my patio. Thanks for all the advice. T

q cement patio, concrete masonry, outdoor living, patio, Still needed the grass to fill in around the patio but we love itq cement patio, concrete masonry, outdoor living, patio, Just after they laid the cement these stairs are wide enough for me with a grand child in tow We replace the patio door with French door soon after these photos It never stops But what fun T