April T
April T
  • Belchertown, MA
Asked on Mar 29, 2012

How do you get gorilla glue off a rug???

Dean JonesMajor RCulpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
+8

• 3po3

I don't know if you can. If it is dried, I think your only option is to cut it away. At least that's the only method I know.

• Try Krudkutter on it

• KMS Woodworks

How extensive is this? Gorilla glue is one of the Polyurethane types of glues and most solvents are ineffective...this is one of their stronger marketing stratagies... Can you describe how this problem came to be?

• April T

The glue was knocked over by accident and the cap was not on tight enough and it leaked onto the carpet in my livingroom :(

• Worst case, you have it plugged by a good carpet installer. He will take a piece from a closet or hidden place and cut out the bad spot & replace it with the new carpet. I always save a little for this reason,

• KMS Woodworks

Sounds like carpet surgery is going to be the best option...hopefully this is not a Berber or is worn a bit as the "graft" will be coming from a less used area and will look "newer"

• Sherrie S

April T, LeeAnn has the best answer. I had something comparable & replacing it with another piece of carpet worked. KMS, when it was done nobody could tell a difference (even if I could tell).

• Even if the patch is "new" it ill eventually blend. I would rather have that option than a big wad of nail polish, glue, or any other problem.

• Major R

April i believe the best thing to do is let it dry completely the use acetone But not 100 % i know that works with pvc glue first hand Ill double checkl hit me back if i forget to post

• Dean Jones

you can't.. acetone would melt the backing, patch it