Jill Drummond
Jill Drummond
  • Middleton, WI

Outdoor Light Transformation

Ahhh, the magic of spray paint! A can of Oil Rubbed Bronze saved these brass outdoor lights from the landfill. And now I love something I didn't think was lovable.
outdoor light transformation, curb appeal, lighting
Jill Drummond

• Karen

This helped me make up my mind to try painting the kind-of-weathered-pewter pendant light over my front door ... the garage lights were yucky black traditional coach lights, with the motion detection/dusk-2-dawn mechanism busted out. So I found some gorgeous "rust" finished lights to replace them and better coordinate with the shape of the pendant. I then worried about trying to change the finish on the pendant ... especially since I bought new entry door hardware that is the oil-rubbed bronze (this and rust are my faves and they look great against the pale muted clay house color and lighter trim). I may even spray-paint the brand new rust-finished lights to match, too!

• Annie Murphy-Jones

Oh no! The before was beautiful. :(