Kathy.cronin1
Kathy.cronin1
  • Collegeville, PA

Lighting in kitchen

DebbieFJeanDee W
+8

Does anyone have a ceiling fan with lights in your kitchen?
  • Mary Insana

I have a white ceiling fan in our kitchen with a light

• Sue

yes...has the reversible switch for winter and summer use and 3 lights. Wouldn't be without it.

• Deborah Stone

yes, i did not want the typical ceiling fan. I have a round ceiling light with a fan hidden inside. I have not put up yet, but love this fan!! It was purchased at Lowe's

• Shirley R

I have a ceiling fan in my livingroom that was working just find until it stopped. I replaced the switch one that has a up and down for fan and light got at home depot. Could I have pulled some of the wiring loose in the ceiling that connects to the fan? Help it is hot and I need it to run!! Thanks

• Dee W

Yes, and I really like it; are you thinking of putting one in? The only drawback is the blades need extra cleaning.

• I used to - the only catch is the air flow can disturb the gas stove burners - so we simply turned it off when cooking that way. (Can I ask why you are leaning towards one?) @Dee W - I never really had that issue, do you run your exhaust fan when cooking? Another trick if you do & you have a standard hood / oven - try cooking more on the back burners @Shirley R - anything is possible, recheck all your connections & if all else fails you might just have to call in a electrician or maybe try with a new fan

• Becky (J) P

I actually have 2 fans in the kitchen. The light over the table isn't centered, so the only choice I had was a fan w/lights. I don't use the fan over the table if we are eating, it will cool off the food. I can't imagine the kitchen without one.

• Laurie

I have one, hardly ever use it, it blows the gas stove flame too much!

• Dee W

@SLS Construction Solutions My exhaust fan is too short to cover my stove and I only have one working back burner. lol The other reason is I have 2 opposing windows allowing pollen and such indoors plus a door to the outside so there is all types of stuff in the air besides whatever is cooking.

• Jean

I have one from the Modern Fan Company,. Runs quiet, looks nice.

• DebbieF

I used to have one in the kitchen, it was off center closer to the stove than I wanted. Hardly ever used the lights all they did was collect dust. We removed the fan and lights and put up a ceiling light instead.