Chalkboard Message Board

$2

Have you ever had a workman coming to fix something and you don't want to miss them because you are taking your kids to the bus, want to jump in the shower, etc? Make a message board for your front porch or door.

I don't know how many of you have had this happen, but I seem to get the 8am window for a delivery, workman, etc. I am always trying to decide what to do about taking the kids to the bus, jumping in the shower, walking on the treadmill (can't hear the doorbell), etc. So I created this chalkboard sign to help leave messages while I get some of those things done. I can also use this sign to greet friends and leave holiday wishes when it's not in use for a message.

Materials Needed:
Tray - mine came from the Dollar Tree
Chalkboard Paint and Paint Brushes
Photo Stand or something to hang your sign
Chalk

First step is to follow the directions on your paint and paint your tray. After you let it dry the amount of time specified, season your board with chalk. This means to cover your board with chalk all over then erase it. This step is important as if you don't do this your words will not erase entirely. You can see how to season on my other post here:

I opted for a photo stand which I got at the Dollar Tree as my chalkboard sits on my plant stand on my front porch. When I'm using it for a message, I move the tray in front of the door on the ground. I am thinking about gluing a ribbon on the back of it so I can hang it on my door when needed.

Add any variety of messages -
Took my kids to the bus, be right back.
In the shower, be right there.
In the backyard, please come around back.
Sorry, had to go please leave package in the milk box.
On the treadmill and can't hear the doorbell - please call my cell.

I'm thinking of making a second one to be a "reminder board" in the house for the kids (okay and maybe me too). Don't forget your lunch, etc.

You can see me make this and more on Hometalk's Facebook Live Monday, March 27th at 1pm EST.
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• Tray
  • Chalkboard paint

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Paula Turley
    Paula Turley

Not a question, but all of your projects are awesome! My comment is to ask you to please speak louder~~~it really was hard to hear you.
    Thanks for your ideas!!!

• Rambie
    Rambie

Chas, sorry I spelled your name wrong earlier. I don't Facebook at this time of my life. If you get a chance can you send me some of your teacup projects you made or send me the link if you can that is. Thanks!

• Twigsbythesea L
    Twigsbythesea L

my like page on face book is Twigsbythesea I do a lot of creative antiques and a lot with chalkboard paint