Anyone have experience getting a master plan for their home? Would you use an architect or a designer?

We have a 1950's home and we know we want to add on in the future. We want to make sure small interim projects won't contradict things in the master plan. Ie a new ac unit, etc. thanks for any suggestions
  9 answers
Your comment...