Linda G
Linda G
  • Cincinnati, OH
Asked on Apr 1, 2012

I am looking for alternatives to vertical blinds on my sliding glass doors.

Clay BJan Britt InteriorsMiriam I
+2

In my condo there is a set on the lower level where privacy is a huge issue ant the upper set that goes out to my deck. The only thing I like about the verticals is the option of letting in some light without totally opening the entire blind. I don't particularly like the look of traditional drapes. I have found that Lowe's carries a slider that has the blinds between the glass but, unfortunately this is not currently in my budget.
  • KMS Woodworks

Look into the dual action blinds...these are common in regular windows...they can be opened from the bottom up but also from the top down.

• Leslie D

I used these in my house. They're curtain panels on a sliding track system.. I used a natural bamboo panel, but you can get them in all sorts of fabrics, etc. They slide completely back to the width of only one of the panels when opened. We put three of the 8' tracks along one entire wall.

i am looking for alternatives to vertical blinds on my sliding glass doors, doors, window treatments
  • Jan Britt Interiors

Sliding glass doors can be a problem when it comes to privacy. Vertical blinds, drapes, roman shades and the sliding track system are the most common products available to promote privacy.

• Clay B

I had the 2 ft wide sliding panels on a triple track system from IKEA. Work well so to speak. If you have 2plus feet of wall space on either side of the door (in addition the glass area), these are great. In my application, I had an opstruction on one side. The way these work is you can pull the front panel want, and that one will pull there others closed/open into position. With our obstruction issue, I had to break off the tabs, so all the panels went to one side, but now to close them, I had to position each panel individually, which was a pain in the A**. If you've got the space on either side of the door, they work great. You can get light colors to still allow some light, or dark.