Ana M
Ana M
  • Alpharetta, GA

Trying to turn a black thumb into a green thumb..try..try..try... Any Advice on any of my plants is welcome!

I have a black thumb or at least had, now it's like a shade of purple, it's heading towards green. Try , try , try is my motto on this one, I ask a lot of questions especially to my local nursery, who are very helpful and even when I follow their advice to the tee, they give me a refund on my plant (1 yr warranty) if I am not successful. So far everything has lived through my thumb, except the Rhodedendron and still trying with the grass, we might just make it all a landscaped area, the grass has been tough for our conditions (shady).....will keep trying....Hummingbirds love it in the garden, and I love the noises nature makes while sitting on the deck or a hammock. Apparently I feed the fauna too, since bunnies, deer, chipmunks, squirrels, birds all come and find something to peck and munch on...Ahhh the circle of life.
Purple Clematis is bursting!
Purple Clematis is bursting!
Purple Clematis (can't wait til it flowers! tons of buds), hydrangea, gardenia bushes, butterfly bushes, creeping Jenny.
Blue Hydrangea bush
Blue Hydrangea bush
Tea Olive Trees, Yews, Ivy and Impatiens
Honeysuckle
Honeysuckle
Honeysuckle- Hummingbirds love these!
Honeysuckle- Hummingbirds love these!
Honeysuckle and Giant Hydrangea
Honeysuckle and Giant Hydrangea
Climbing Hydrangea (tulips underground still), Impatiens
BEFORE Confederate Jasmine, why do they not put instructions for us Black thumbers out there?? I did not know I was supposed to 'unwrap' the jasmine from the trellis it came on. I figured it out a week later when the poor thing was trying to grow and was tangled to nowhere!
1 month AGO-Fig Tree and Clematis
1 month AGO-Fig Tree and Clematis
Hydrangea, honeysuckle, clematis, creeping jenny, gardenias, TODAY!
Green Fig Tree NOW April 1
Green Fig Tree NOW April 1
Another type Clematis
Another type Clematis
Confederate Jasmine, AFTER I rescued it from it's tangled torture! I did not know I had to unravel it from the trellis that it came from the nursery in! Gotta work my way through my black thumb...
Black Mission Fig
Black Mission Fig
Another type of Clematis- I love Clematis- they give you such return of enjoyment
Butterfly Bush
Butterfly Bush
Hydrangea, it's HUGE! And flowers are a gorgeous blue!
Purple Clematis- TODAY
Purple Clematis- TODAY
Purple Clematis
Purple Clematis
Honeysuckle- today is full of flowers
Honeysuckle- today is full of flowers
Honey suckle
Honey suckle
Basil, and Cayenne Peppers
Basil, and Cayenne Peppers
Impatiens- we have a shady deck
Impatiens- we have a shady deck
Green beans and basil
Green beans and basil
Gardenias, creeping jenny, hydrangea, clematis
On of our Fauna residents
On of our Fauna residents

• Susan S

Well Ana I'd say you already earned your GREEN THUMB DEGREE!!! All your plantings look pretty awesome to me. I totally agree w/Shabby! Ya know, when you really do THINK about it - really, does grass make that much sense? You do all that work to make it look beautiful, then you just whack it off!! We've tried absolutely EVERYTHING and our yard hasn't looked decent since about 2005 - at least according to the picture evidence. I'm all for lots of plants - the more perennials the better, and just chuck the grass thing. It's waaaay over rated anyhow!!

• Michelle Powers

I am working on a green thumb also. You chose some great plants. Looks great! Keep it up!