Carla B
Carla B
  • Glasgow, KY

What is this??

Amy FeltSharon BVanessa Godfrey
+9

It is growing beside the road, at my neighbors house. It is growing up into a tree. I think its kind of pretty .. but would like to know what it is first, before I go poking around in it.
view from the road
view from the road
up close, zoom in.
up close, zoom in.
  • Chris G

Looks related to honeysuckle & dogwood. Does it have a scent?

• Chris G

Perhaps it is a crabapple.

• PAULA LOVELL

The vine with the tube shaped flowers is honeysuckle. Very fragrant.

It looks like honeysuckle to me. If it is pure white it is probably Lonicera albiflora.

• Pat Wolf

wisteria? Speria?

• Liz Holland

I agree the long flowers look like honeysuckle, but the other flowers, could it be climbing hydrangea?

• Jill

Yep, it's honeysuckle.

• Sandy

I think it's a mock orange, small clusters, very fragrant

• Gypzgyrl

Honeysuckle vine is much less invasive than the bush type. The vine is very fragrant and can be trained. Watch out for the bees. :)

• Vanessa Godfrey

there are two separate plants here, the tube flowers are Honeysuckle. Climbing Hydrangeas is a maybe for the other ball shaped cluster of flowers.

• Sharon B

this looks like my wild white rose I dug up in a field. My girlfriend has Mock Orange and it does grow like this, will get her to post a pic ....here is my pics, what u think, it grows a lot and upward to

, also have a climbing hydrangea here too with it
  • See More
  • Amy Felt

It is not mock orange Sharon B, but it might be the wild rose bush we both have. Only thing mine is not blooming yet, so seems too early to be that. I have this too but not sure what it is.

• Your comment...