Anna M
Anna M
  • Cottonwood, CA

How to Clean Kids Toys Without Chemicals

Hydrogen peroxide is also a great way to clean your children's toys, without having to worry about chemicals going back into their mouths. Get a large bucket and fill it with hydrogen peroxide (just enough to cover the toys), then toss the toys in and let them fizz and bubble. Once the bubbling stops remove the toys and let them dry. Once they are dry they are clean and safe to play with again!
To see lots of other ways to clean with hydrogen peroxide click here: http://askannamoseley.com/2013/05/green-cleaning-cleaning-with-hydrogen-peroxide/
Place toys in a bucket or bowl.
Place toys in a bucket or bowl.
Pour in enough hydrogen peroxide to cover them.
Let the toys soak until the hydrogen peroxide stops fizzling.
Anna M

• Catherine Smith

I would certainly wash them off before allowing the kids to use them, but it's a good idea. And Gill, yes it is a chemical, however, it is non toxic and disperses easily. It's a great, inexpensive cleanser for many things.

• Sweetb2006

Epsom Salt is actually a Great cleaner as well. Although not antibac, can be used with peroxide or vinegar for that. I accidently found out when my boy had to sit in epsom bath with toys. Those things came out shinier than new i kid you not!