DIY Tree Branch Chandelier

About three months ago we started refurbishing our new home. We've been waiting for two years due to some problems is finally ours. This flat needs serious work from top to bottom. First in the queue is the living room, closed and unused for all that time is finally getting a deserved makeover :) We love trees and respect nature too, so in this post I would like to briefly show you an example of transforming a fallen tree branch into a stylish chandelier.
First of all, find the right tree branch. A fallen one!
Clean the branch up by removing bark.
Next treated with a woodworm killer so the woodworm doesn't eat you furniture ;)
Hang the branch. We used screw in hooks and strong fishing line.
Then do some wiring. Preparing fabric cables to be fixed into a bulb holders on one end and the ceiling rose on another.
Then twined the cables around a twigs, adding good looking vintage style bulbs.
A total cost of our chandelier is £50, for us completely worth it as we now get to look at the stunning one of a kind center piece and part of nature above our heads. Happy days :) Read more at:

Fallen tree branch

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Magdalena

• Jlhamara

Where did you find the lights with only 3 light bulbs? The one's I have seen have many more bulbs.

• San31272921

Simply beautiful great job so has a kuntry kick and feel to it love it with or without cord showing Thank u for giving me a great idea for above my Grandboys bed at his Gma's house!! :)
  • Susanne Batton

Pretty clever idea!!! Could you have possibly drilled holes through each branch and ran a shorter amount of cord through each hole? I think it's got a bit of messiness to it with all the cord wrapped around each branch. Either way, I love the idea of mixing a natural element indoors.

• Magdalena

We all have our vision, that was ours and we love the way it looks 😉 We wanted the cables look integrated naturally with the branch, therefore we bought enough to be twisted around. You can make this in many ways.

• Joanne James Gailliez

What did you use to treat the branch?
    It's lovely
    • Joanie

I would use a clear matte sealer. This would prevent insects from trying to make it a home !

• Kimberley

Hi i live in goshen NB i love working with trees and other items ..love your project ..it looks amazing

• Joanie

Maybe you and yours should live in the wilderness with all the trees and branches around you......A tree house sounds good?  lol......Seriously, I do like the branch on the ceiling. It is different and unique. Clever idea!!