Ashley Brown
Ashley Brown
  • Fayetteville, NC

Comic Book Flower

This project is pretty easy and only requires a few supplies and possible your fingerprints. I’m not sure I even have any left, that darn hot glue gun gets me every time.
Let’s get started!
comic book flower, crafts, how to
What you need for this project:
A comic book
Scissors
Pencil
Hot glue/ hot glue gun
Lace/ ribbon
Floral wire
comic book flower, crafts, how to
First make sure your hot glue gun is heating up. Cut out your flower petals. I started by making a template for the largest petal. I traced it and then cut it smaller I repeated this step for all 6 sizes of petals. The largest petal should be about 3 inches tall and the smallest should be 1 inch tall.
comic book flower, crafts, how to
I cut out about 6 of each size. I had enough left over to make a smaller flower.
comic book flower, crafts, how to
Take your small petal and add glue to one side at the bottom. Then glue and wrap it around the stem.
comic book flower, crafts, how to
I did this with 2 of the smallest sized petals and then moved to the next size up and did 4.
comic book flower, crafts, how to
Once you get to the middle done you want to start rolling down the ends of your petals with your pencil. Next you fold in the bottom corners of the petals. Glue them on just like that, be sure to go all the way around in each size, to make them even.
comic book flower, crafts, how to
Your flower should start to look like this. Keep going until you are satisfied with the way it looks
comic book flower, crafts, how to
When you are done adding petals take your piece of ribbon or lace and glue it around the base of the flower to give it a cleaner look.
comic book flower, crafts, how to
Ashley Brown

• Chey

I love the paper rose. Is the comic paper like magazine paper? Thanks!

• Ashley Brown

It is a little bit thicker. This would really work with any paper though.

• Mary

How exactly do you roll the edges with a pencil? I love this idea!

• Ashley Brown

Start at the top of your petal put the pencil on the side of the paper that you want to roll. Grab both the pencil and paper and roll them out together. Make sure to roll them so that the curl or the flower will be facing out like in the pictures.

• Carol Cole

What comic book has stiff enough pages to do this? They are pretty .