Lori Morton
Lori Morton
  • Minford, OH

Sloped Backyard

I need ideas on how to make a nice path from the gate down into my backyard. As you can tell by this photo it slopes significantly as does the rest of my backyard. Please excuse the mess but I am "spring cleaning" and I do have plans to do something with that pallet, don't worry :) I am wanting a path roughly the size of the gate door (about 4 ft) and 24-28 ft long, it will gradually turn towards where the
This is the entrance into my backyard (from the backyard looking out) Excuse the mess, it's a work in progress. The 2 plants that flank the gate are new rose bushes. They shouldn't bloom for a few more years. Photo prior to sundown
Showing more of the fence line to show the slope of the yard. Eventually the entire fence line will have plantings. I just started on the other side of the yard and am making my way around
Again excuse the mess, from the gate looking into the backyard. The set of chairs are under a tree that starts to be shaded around noon. Will eventually be adding to that as well.

• Ginsum

This seems to me to be the perfect spot to do a terraced waterfall pond with a small patio to "get away" and contemplate depending on your exposure might be the perfect escape from the hot sun!

• Kay8103987

I have a steeper slope in my front yard and perhaps moving some of the slope to other parts would be an easier solution. Its very hard for me to mow.