Tiny snails

Mary Jordan AnsteadKMS Woodworks

We have a beach house on the gulf coast of Florida and when the weather turns hotter we find these very tiny white/grey snails in the yard and climbing the walls outside. Any ideas on how to get rid of them there are hundreds of them?
  • KMS Woodworks

I know of tricks using small shallow dishes of beer to "trap" slugs in the garden. I used this trick a number of years ago in my greenhouse. Rather than waste good micro brew we used some nasty bud lite that was left by a guest from one of our parties. since snails and slugs are very close cousins biologically , this might work as well. I also know of some folks who have used DE (ditatomaceous earth) this can be purchased from pool supply centers and some garden centers.

• Mary Jordan Anstead

The beer didn’t work for my snails. Not even one snail was in the beer dish! Now I just drink it myself and look at the snails.